Saturday, April 30, 2011

The SUBA House

BEAUTIFUL Saturdays in Venice Beach happen regularly. Painters, skaters, street vendors, mounted patrol and more all converging into one massive hub of colors and sounds accented by different smells, determined by the corner or local salesmen. From worn down apartments to multimillion dollar town houses, homes of all kinds line the boardwalk with interesting architecture- for the most part.

A few weeks ago I was wandering around and came upon this house. Obviously it's been there quite a while, its covered in graffiti and posters, the windows are boarded up and the doors are chained shut. I asked a few people near by if they knew about it - most said no and another began to tell me about his recent bender up in San Francisco. That was when I stopped talking to strangers (Everything you needed to know, you learned in Kindergarden, right?). But I digress.


At home later I Googled and found a few one other blogger generally asking about this house. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right places, but I find it incredibly curious that a place like this exists in such an environment. Right on the boardwalk, boared off, chained up and somehow no developer has come in to work their "magic". Seems fishy Suba...


-- Sarah Kruberg

No comments:

Post a Comment